Thetford Baptist Church was founded in 1981 when a handful of families and individuals joined in faith, prayer, and labor to give rise to a home for Christian worship unto the glory of God.
The original church building was built in Cambridgeport, Vermont in 1836. In 1984, after two years of worshipping in rented space, TBC found the building in Cambridgeport, unused and in failing health.
The building was purchased for $10,000 from a private owner. After several months of deconstruction, the church was moved to its current location along Route 5, in East Thetford, and rebuilt.
In August of 1986, in the sesquicentennial year of the original building, the first worship service was held in the reconstructed church. In October of 2001 a new Fellowship Hall and additional classrooms were added and dedicated to the glory of God.